How does Flax Seeds help in Weight Loss? – Flax Seeds! Ayuronics shares this trendy superfood is packed with countless benefits that can help your weight loss journey.
Flax Seeds for Weight Loss
To take the benefit of flax seeds, eat them in the ground form. The entire seeds are harder to digest and might pass right through your system. You would prefer to miss out on these weight loss benefits.
Use Flax Seeds for Weight Loss and How to Here
Here are 5 flax seeds to your savior to help lose weight:
1. They Have High Fiber Content
Flax seeds are wealthy in fiber, a supplement that keeps you full for a long time and makes your bowel movement regular. As it prevents overeating, it’s useful for weight management. You’ll be less inclined to binge on unhealthy foods. Fiber can also bring down your risk of heart attack and stroke by reducing total and LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels.1
2. They Are a Plant Source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Flaxseed is one of the best sources of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a plant-based omega-3 fatty acid. This healthy fat has the ability to suppress appetite while increasing satiety. The result? Less energy intake and therefore, weight loss. ALA additionally has the power to slow down the digestion and absorption of “bad” fats in the blood.
3. They Have Antioxidants
Antioxidants called lignans are abundant in flaxseed. They don’t have an immediate link to weight loss, but they enhance cell function as your body burns fat. Lignans also offer nutritious help and protection against free radicals as your body changes.
4. They Are Low in Carb
Flax can be utilized as a less energy-dense alternative to refined grains. It’s low in starch and sugar, so it won’t pack on the calories. In fact; most of the carbohydrate in flaxseed is fiber.
5. They Are a Source of Plant Protein
Around 20% of flax is made of protein, which can also help you to get in a shape. It works simply like fiber by keeping you satisfied for a long time. So if you don’t eat meat or need plant-based protein, flax may be your answer.
The Most Effective methods to use Flax Seeds for Weight Loss
- Prepare Foods: The nutty flavor of flax makes it a great add-on for pastries. Simply add 1/2 cup ground flax seed to your favorite muffin, cookie, or bread recipe.
- Oatmeal: Use flax seeds as a crunchy topping for oatmeal, porridge, or cereals.
- Toast: Include flax seeds to French toast batter or sprinkle on regular toast.
- Yogurt: Add 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed into yogurt with fruits, nuts, and honey.
- Smoothies: Mix 1 tablespoon whole or ground flax to any smoothie recipe. Use it as a topping for smoothie bowls.
- Salads: Sprinkle on salads for a nutty twist. You can also mix flax into salad dressings.
- Sauces: Add to toppings like ketchup, mayonnaise, or mustard.
- Pasta: Toss flax seeds into both hot and cold pasta dishes and salads.
- Chicken or fish: Coat lean meats with a blend of ground flax and spices. Prepare and Enjoy.
- Meatballs or burgers: Replace the breadcrumbs with ground flax and spices.